Logistics center for pharmaceuticals and medical devices
The main task of the BergApotheke as a supra-regionally active pharmacy is the pharmaceutical supply of physicians in private practice, hospitals, patients and health insurance companies.
Starting from the original project in 2014, the central logistics center of the BergApotheke has been continuously expanded since 2014. During ongoing operations, the number of workstations in all areas has been and continues to be increased, storage capacity has been increased, and functional expansions and adaptations to changing business processes have been made.
Conveyor technology connects goods receiving, packing stations, pharmaceutical final inspection and miniload. This includes two separate miniload areas - two aisles for storage at room temperature below 25°C and two special cooling aisles for storage of products with a temperature of 2 to 8°C.
An empty container buffer automatically supplies the workstations with empty containers.
Picking is done by put-to-light. Before shipping, all items are also scanned again to finally match the delivery information with the data from UniWare LVS. Additional logistical functions for the provision of order items in batches for reliable traceability are already included in UniWare as standard.
Prescription drugs are checked for saleability by UniWare with the central securPharm database before shipping. From the pharmaceutical final inspection stage, the sealed packages are automatically transported to the goods issue area on the first floor.
- UniWare warehouse management system (WMS) with integrated material flow control system (MFS) and plant visualization (VISU).
- Host interface to Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Automatic small parts warehouse with a total of 4 aisles and
- approx. 14,600 storage locations room temperature
- approx. 6,000 storage locations cooled
- Double-deep storage of 600x400 bins and quadruple-deep storage of 400x300 bins.
- Container conveyor system from incoming goods to outgoing goods with
- Pharmaceutical final inspection
- Empty container buffer with container stacker