Optimized production supply and high-performance logistics
INSTA develops and manufactures customer-specific electronic components and systems for many industries - from building technology to industrial electronics - from the Internet-of-Things to the control of LED lighting.
Due to growing demand, the electronics expert decided to redesign its production processes as well as its connected logistics.
In the new warehouse, an automated small parts warehouse and a pallet high-bay warehouse with two aisles each support the intralogistics processes - all fully automated.
The warehouse previously used was converted into production space in the course of the redesign.
The UniWare warehouse management system organizes production supply via tugger trains from the new warehouse. UniWare ensures the transparency of all inventories and also takes over the controls of the automatic conveyor and storage systems.
- UniWare warehouse management system (WMS) with integrated material flow control system (MFS) and plant visualization (VISU)
- Host interface to SAP ERP
- Automated small parts warehouse with 2 aisles and 27,000 storage locations
- Pallet high-bay warehouse with 2 aisles and 2,500 storage locations
- Container and pallet conveyor technology from goods receipt to goods issue
Further UniWare highlights:
- Management of inner containers and roll material
- Coordination of tugger trains for production supply