Intra logistics in the pressing plant
The company, apt Hiller GmbH, is a manufacturer of aluminium profiles, as are used in respect of windows and doors, football goalposts and trade fair stands.
For the manufacture of these profiles a 480° C hot press bar with up to 4,000 tons of pressure is pressed into a mould.The approximately 50 m long profiles are then subsequently stretched, sawn to lengths of 8 meters and placed correspondingly into the transport containers. Depending on the requirements the transport containers run through the further operations of manufacturing: hardening ovens, anodisation, subsequent processing, packing and dispatch.
These are combined flexibly through automatic conveyor technology, crane facilities and a shuttle vehicle.
3 storage spaces of different sizes serve as buffer zones in which the transport containers are stacked.
A particular requirement for the transport system is the coordination between the pressing plant and the anodising plant, which are at 100 m distance from each other.
Scope of Unitechnik contribution:
- Simatic S7-400 Profibus-DP
Transport management system:
- Product administration in the Storage spaces
- (7 transport container types)
- Handling of transport container stacks
- Coordination of all transports
- Integrated plant visualisation
- Communication with ERP system
Control cabinet construction, assembly,
commissioning and training
apt Hiller GmbH
40789 Monheim am Rhein
3 storage areas:
- 1 portal crane each stacking
- height max. 6 transport containers
- Chain conveyors
- 3 hoists / elevators
- Shuttle vehicle between
- the sites(14 transports per hour)
- transport containers for 8.10 m long profiles
- Max. weight 3 tons