Buffer store brought up to the state of the art
Modernization of a STOPA sheet metal storage system
Scheidt & Bachmann was founded in Mönchengladbach in 1872 and today employs around 3,000 people who manufacture solutions for the mobile world worldwide.
This ranges from barriers and vending machines for parking facilities to intelligent overall solutions in the parking sector, local public transport and petrol station management.
The system control and warehouse management of the high-bay warehouse, which dates back to 1991, is to be made fit for the future.
Modernization of the sheet metal buffer warehouse during ongoing operation, without interrupting production.
The retrofit included the complete PLC control system for stacker cranes and transfer cars as well as the warehouse management system.
The conversion of the various plant areas (incoming goods and production supply/disposal) was carried out in 5 steps, on weekends outside production hours.
Reference as PDF
Scheidt & Bachmann GmbH
Technology and key figures
- Production warehouse for 380 pallets, 2.50 x 1.25 m
- Adaptation of the safety technology of the plant to the current state of the art
- UniWare-LVS with plant visualization and interface to SAP ERP
- Siemens S7 control system incl. decentralized bus system
- Replacement of displacement measuring system, data communication system, frequency converter