Quality leader in logistics
Soennecken eG and its approximately 500 members form a performance-oriented cooperative community that stands for family values such as solidity and reliability. Soennecken is a leader in the German-speaking world in the marketing, financing and logistics of office organization products.
Distribution, which was previously handled by a logistics service provider, was brought to the company's headquarters in Overath.
Soennecken attaches very great importance to minimal error rates and impeccable packaging. The basis for this is, among other things, perfectly maintained master data and multi-stage quality controls.
Unitechnik implemented the entire logistics system as general contractor. An automatic pallet high-bay warehouse provides the replenishment for the picking platform. Narrow-aisle stackers, equipped with radio data terminals, supply the compartments in the 42 picking zones. Pick-by-Light is used to pick directly into the order carton - Pick&Pack.
An AutoStore system is also integrated into the materials handling processes.
The tray conveyor system handles the transport of the order cartons - from automatic carton erection via the picking zones and the packing department with photo documentation to automatic carton sealing and shipping.
Up to 14,000 packages and 600 pallets leave the logistics center in Overath every day.
The warehouse in Melsdorf near Kiel is designed for the same capacity.
UniWare manages all logistics processes and warehouse areas.
Overath and Melsdorf, Deutschland
- UniWare warehouse management system (WMS) with integrated material flow control system (MFS) and plant visualization (VISU) for each location.
- 2 locations with independent business units
- 3 stacker cranes for 6,000 pallet locations
- AutoStore with 33 robots for 26,000 bins in Overath
- AutoStore with 36 robots for 48,000 bins in Melsdorf
- Several kilometers of pallet, tray and carton conveyor technology
- Automatic and manual storage areas
- Over 90 WMS workstations
- Interface from UniWare-LVS to proAlpha ERP
Other UniWare highlights:
- Partial order creation with case calculation for shipping units, if applicable with determination of the type of carton to be used
- Integration of the Autostore picking stations into the existing tray conveyor system